Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Night in Nairobi

My flights went smooth and I arrived in Nairobi last night, met at the airport by my Masai warrior friend, David. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Today Morris and I had meetings at Prison Headquarters with the Director of Rehabilitation and Director of Social Welfare. Both of these Godly women are on fire for CR and have witnessed firsthand the impact of this ministry in Kenyan prisons. Too say that they fully support CR is an understatement and want it in all the prisons in Kenya! Praise the Lord.

We met with Pastor William at ICC (International Christian Center). A group from this church attended a CR seminar last year and have been preparing to launch it in their church. They officially launch it this Sunday at both of their campuses.

Morris and I spent time with Pastor Peter from Deliverance Church Kitegela. He attended a CR seminar in 2008 and faced some challenges when they attempted to start it in their church. During this trip I will spend 2 days with them, helping them find a way to move forward working with their church leaders.

I took a nap this afternoon as I try to get my days and nights on Kenya time. We are 11 hours ahead of California time.

Please pray that I am able to get good rest and adjust quickly. Pray for ICC as they launch their CR ministry on Sunday. Pray for my visit to Athi River Prison tomorrow where I will be teaching their Large Group Meeting while encouraging their CR ministry. Pray for those that will be attending the 4-Day CR semianr that starts on Monday, for open hearts and for Morris and I as we teach.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that the Lord granted you safe travels and some rest. Praying for your quick adjustment and Sunday teaching so that you may "press on"!

    "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete