Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Road to Eldoret

The stagecoach ride to Eldoret was dusty, bumpy, long and did I mention bumpy? But the rewards were waiting at the end of the road. We were met at IVC (International Vision Center) church with awesome worship music overflowing from their huge tent. They were kicking off a worship conference. The music and dancing was a great precursor to an inspiring message on worship. We had a chance to talk about CR and the senior pastor is very exciting to get it started in his church after some key leaders attend the training which starts tomorrow. It filled us and rejuvenated our souls.

We visited Eldoret women's prison to bring them some Swahili Bibles bought by funds from the Saddleback recycling ministry. The Officer in Charge met us there on her day off. We were blessed with the unexpected opportunity to go inside and speak to the inmates. Not only did we distribute Bibles to the inmates, the officers were very excited to get some too. They related to Richard and his story. We were able to meet with some of the women in CR to answer a few questions as they begin doing their inventory. God is good.

The stagecoach ride back to Kitale was dusty, bumpy, long and did I mention bumpy?

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments and yes Valerie we were able to read your too. Maybe that could encourage some of you other faithful readers to leave an encouraging comment or prayer for us. We look forward to reading them.

Please pray for tomorrow (Sunday night in CA) as we begin our CR seminar. Only God knows what's in store. Pray without ceasing for the seminar, those traveling to be here, those attending and of course us. Pray for good rest tonight and energy tomorrow. Pray that we continue to be the Muppets.

4 comments:

  1. Still reading and still praying. I'm looking for other comments, though. I know others are reading and praying for you. Let's see some comments.

    Rest well and have great fun at the seminar. Follow your hearts and God's leading as to what to say and who to connect with. They all need to hear what each one of you has to say. I know you will touch hearts and inspire them to carry God's healing grace back to their churches and communities. You are the pebbles causing the ripples in the pond. Keep splashing! I see some big waves building bringing Christ to hurting, lonely, and hopeless people ~ our brothers and sisters. Keep dropping those pebbles. And, no, I'm not going to say you're all big drips.

    There are many praying for you!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Paul ... I hope you all had a great first day. In the past, I remembered how confused some of the participants looked on the first day. They may have been unsure as to why they were even at the training. They will be some of the great testimonies at the end of the seminar.

    I am so proud of you all. You all are doing great, be the muppets. Encourage each other as well as all those attending the training. When you seem to loose them (blank looks on their faces), God will bring them back. Information will be exchanged and relationships will happen and then grow. God is using each one of you and your gifts to "make it happen" whatever God has for you to do. This is so much larger than what it looks like.

    Yes, there is a part of me that wants to be with you all, so I will pray and remember you often. I hope you have found a "cottage tea" moment or two. Love you all, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to post again. After I write my message, everything shuts down.
    My prayers continue to be with all of you especially this week at the seminar. I pray that God will give you the words to say as you share your testimonies and give hope to those who hear you. Also, that the Pastors of the church's will want to take CR to give their congregations. I Hope everyone is staying healthy and getting enough rest. Remember, you are blessed to be a blessing!
    Tell John I'm enjoying his surprise he arranged for me while he is gone!! I love that Man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Amy (Linda's daughter - John's step-daughter)
    I wanted to wish you all well in your travels. You are doing a wonderful thing that not many people have the oportunity, or the guts to do. I am praying that God's spirit moves through each of you and touches all of those around you.
    I hope that everyone that you reach out to is willing to accept the help that you are providing. That they are able to see, through your example, how wonderful their lives can be with Jesus in their hearts.
    John: I am very proud of you and want you to know that you are an inspiration. You are doing a truly awesome thing.
    I'm keeping my mom company while you are away. I've spent the last 2 weekends with her and she is definately staying busy (more like working us to death with her projects around the house...lol). Come home safe...and without any toe infections this time :o) BE GOOD! Love ya<3

    ReplyDelete