Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Night

God's plan for us today was to hold a meeting for people that have attended previous CR trainings plus an introduction meeting for new pastors, church leaders and prison chaplains that wanted to learn about CR. We showed up, God spoke, we left - with a few other minor details in between. The CR Africa materials were a huge hit and look great! They loved the new CR Kenya video with their testimonies. CR programs are progressing well, pole pole (slowly). It was wonderful to reconnect with so many people, and it reinforced the importance of following up. Richard shared his testimony for the first time here and it touch many people.

Richard had a new identity, it was decided that he had to have a "J" name too with John, Joann and Jana so now he is "Joe Richard".

Please pray for our meetings tomorrow as we go to Kamiti Prison, a maximum security facility here in Nairobi. Pray for David as he drives to Kitale tomorrow to meet us there when we arrive on Wednesday morning.

4 comments:

  1. Joe Richard, huh? He's up for a great day tomorrow. What huge things does God have in store for you tomorrow? I can't wait to hear. Have an extraordinary time at Kamiti, and at Langata, if you get there, too. My greetings and my prayers go with you. Hello to Rev. Joyce and Cristina, and to my special friend, Sarah. Keep doing what you're doing and keep the focus on Christ. What an amazing group of people He has sent on this trip! Just the right "J's" to get His job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think about Jipya Richard? That's new Richard if my Kiswahili works. He is a new creation after all. Have a great day Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you had an incredible day and I just can't resist making another comment and sending along a prayer. "Lord, you are so generous. You have not only promised to meet my needs, but you have also vowed to give me the desires of my heart if I will simply delight myself in You. How wonderful that my needs are met not according to what I deserve but according to Your inexhaustible, limitless riches. You are able to do immeasurably more than all I could ask or even imagine. To You, my God and Father, be the glory. Amen." Have a good rest and a safe and uneventful flight up to Kitale. Oh, to be a muppet for God. What a privilege, and unending blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our regards and love to you all, especially the new JR. Please give a super big hug to Richard when you get to Kitale.
    We love you and pray for you all that you give up your rights to God! CJ

    ReplyDelete