Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do we put into words the expereinces of today?

The team got a good night's rest, got to sleep in (ha ha) til 6. It has been raining some and that is considered a blessing. We drove to CCI Thika and met with the CR leadership. They have 14 people going through step study groups to prepare leaders, they are in book 3. They are discussing how to add the Large Group meeting and Open Share groups and see the need for them. They are becoming the Kenyan model for CR. Our visit was very encouraging to them, and us.

We had a meeting in the afternoon with Nairobi Pentecostal Church (NPC) Woodley. which has about 5000 members. Last week we accidentally went to this church for a meeting which was actually scheduled elsewhere. While we were waiting we met a key pastor and showed him a video of CR in Kenya and he invited us to come today and speak to some church leaders. The best way to describe it was there was a Holy Spirit transformation of the hearts of those attending. Then we met the Bishop over all 8 NPC churches. He has been to Saddleback and knows about CR. He was very excited that we were here and bringing CR to his churhces. They are planning to attend our next CR training. Did I mention that God was there?

Please pray for our families at home, our meeting tomorrow with churches in Nairobi that have been trained in CR or want to attend our next training that will be here in Nairobi in August (oh yeah, our plans for August have changed :-)).

3 comments:

  1. Words are so inadequate. What an incredible day! We're picturing Richard's smiling face and praying for his experience, confident that he'll be amazing. The rest of you are awesome, too, of course, and veterans of the kinds of days you had Sunday. What a blessing! It brings tears to my eyes to hear what God is accomplishing through you.

    Paul and I are reminiscing about our trips and are with you in spirit and in prayer. Had any "cottage tea" moments yet? It's a little early in the trip, I suppose. I can't wait to hear all the stories. Have a good night's rest and a great meeting tomorrow.

    We're praying for your families. And for "plans" that will always be changing. You have the plan master with you...John...and the plate spinner extraordinaire. I know you are relying on the One Who is really in charge, and letting your plans and plates go. And Joann, I know you are praying for all the little things daily.

    We're praying for David, too, as he gets to drive you around from place to place. Give him a hug and a handshake from us. Mzee Paulo and Teri.

    Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yesterday and team
    Sounds like your have a blessed time doing the Lords work in Kenya. Jana as you know I have been taking classes at Saddleback College. The other evening while in class a man and I were trying to help someone with a computer problem and I asked him where he was from and he said Kenya. I said I've been to Kenya on a Celebrate Recovery peace trip and he said with Jana. He told me that you and his mother were good friends. Small world Ya. I hope this makes you smile like you need something to smile about, Right. God bless you and your team for doing what you do. Tell Richard not to worry he's going to be okay, just not today lol. Say hi to John and Joann. I think your husband is with you say hi to him too.
    Your Brother in Christ Bryan Fenstermaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. A note I read this morning: What a sobering thought, Lord - the primary reason for me to remain on this earth is to aid in the spiritual progress of others. You created me for "good works", and You desire that I bear much fruit while I am yet on earth. So work through me, Lord! Once again I bow my knee and humble my heart to meet Your objectives not my peace but their progress, not my comfort but their conversion, not my satisfaction but their sanctification. Lord, give me more time and more opportunities to reach more people for You before You call me home.

    What a great way to start the morning! I know you're just heading to bed, but tomorrow morning will be there soon enough. Have a great day, and make the most of those opportunities at the meeting this morning and throughout your day!

    ReplyDelete