Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back in Nairobi waiting on the team to arrive

I flew back to Nairobi today so I can meet the team coming in tonight. They had a flight delay in Minneapolis but should of had plenty of time for their connection in Amsterdam. I haven't heard from them so I assume that means they are on the plane arriving in a couple of hours. David (our trusted driver and friend) and I are headed to the airport in a few minutes to meet them. I'll post something after we get back to the hotel tonight to let you know they made it.

While I am waiting to go to the airport to meet them I'll give you an update on my remaining time in Kitale.

Yesterday morning we went by Kitale Prison to finalize arrangements for the team's visit next week. To my surprise they had prepared a program for me. The testimonies they shared were so amazing, lives are changing through Celebrate Recovery. People have peace in their lives, families are being restored, God is so good. They gave me several hand written testimonies, I can't wait to read through all of them. After visiting both the men's and women's prisons in Kitale we drove 1 1/2 hours south over very rough roads to Eldoret. We brought my 4 Kenyan children to visit their mother in prison. There weren't many dry eyes around for that! They got to spend a few minutes alone and then I spent some time with her too. She is now the pastor for all the women of that prison and has started CR since our visit last August! Did I mention that God is good. The kids enjoyed the visit so much, they sang most of the way back to Kitale.

This morning my flight was delayed from Kitale. During that time there were so many God connections. First of all there was a team from Seacoast Church in South Carolina waiting for the flight. They are a Purpose Driven Church and have CR. We had great conversations about CR and Kenya. They were with a Kenyan Bishop, John Lodinyo, who was featured in the book "White Man Walking", what an honor to meet this humble man. As we talked we realized that we have some common friends, it's a small world. Well Bishop John was talking to someone he knew, the retired Commissioner of Prisons. I talked to him for a few minutes about what CR is doing in the prisons, he was very happy. He was the one who opened up prisons to allow religious organizations in to minister to the inmates. He seemed pleased to see my permit, granting me access to visit the prisons. The time passed quickly and I didn't mind the flight delay at all.

Please pray for the team as they arrive this evening, that their luggage comes too and they get good rest tonight as they begin adjusting to the 11 hour time difference. Pray for our day tomorrow. We will attend church at CCI Thika and meet with their CR group to encourage them and see how we can best serve them. In the afternoon we have a meeting with a key church in Nairobi that is interested in starting CR. Pray for us to be the Muppets and that God will lead us and guide us every step of the way.

Also pray for a church in Kiev, Ukraine that has started CR with a few people and they are presenting it to their church tomorrow (Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing the team arrived safely with all of their luggage. God is so good, and He is using you mightily. Amazing what a little kid from rural OK can do when she follows God's leading. You are an inspiration to us all.

    Hi to the team. We are praying for you and know you will have an unbelievable visit to CCI Thika and the CR in Nairobi. Just be you and let God do the rest. I have confidence that He sent just the right people for this trip. He knows who you'll be meeting and what they need to hear. Go get 'em Muppets. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete