Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In Kitale

Early this morning I flew to Kitale in a 12 passenger airplane. We landed on a small asphalt airstrip in the middle of a cornfield. At elast the corn was short this time. My friend Margaret was there to pick me up. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Sister Freda and Richard, they were there to meet their daughter who was on the same plane.

We went to Purpose Driven Academy and got to spend some wonderful time with my four God children. It is hard to find the words to describe it, amazing is an understatement They were so happy to see me and of I course I was so excited to see them again. They are doing well - healthy, getting stronger, doing well in school and seem very happy to be there.

I met with Abraham, the senior chaplain at Kitale Prison. We finalized a few things about the team visiting next week and spent some time of fellowship. I saw Lydia and Geoffrey from Oasis of Hope too. Lydia is so much enjoying her time here with the street kids and former street kids that are now in homes and going to schools.

I visited ICM where we will hold our CR seminar week after next. We finalized the arrangements and had a chance to reconnect with many friends there.

I am settling down for the evening at Margaret's home where I will be staying for the next few days. She is preparing a nice Kenyan meal for me. God is good!

Please pray for reconnecting with friends, more wonderful time with my kids and a good time of fellowship for me and Margaret. She is a wonderful friend and it doesn't matter that we live on opposite sides of the world, God has brought us together. Also pray for the people that will be coming to the CR seminar March 8-11 that they will be open to what CR can do in their own lives and the lives of the people they serve.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to hear about your reunion with your kids and with good friends, too. It is definitely home away from home (along with CA and Texas, of course). Soak it all in and fill your tanks! God is so good! Greetings to my friends in Kitale. One of these days I'll get to meet Lydia - here or there. Good to hear she is there. Enjoy Margaret's cooking and your time together. You are in my prayers, as is the team as they prepare to join you. You'll be bursting at the seams with joy and excitement, too.

    ReplyDelete