Monday, February 22, 2010

God's presence is evident everywhere I turn. Before I went to church yesterday I read all of your encouraging comments on this blog. It was all things I needed to hear. Thank you!

Yesterday at DC Saika the church service was amazing. I loved the worship, they really know how to praise the Lord through song. I "spoke" for over an hour and it was very well received. Many in the congregation afterward said they want to be a part of CR. I think it was encouraging for the pastor to get such feedback.

After church I had the privilege of going to the senior pastors home for a wonderfully prepared meal that his wife made. We had a great time of fellowship and I got to meet his 4 children. It was such a blessing.

Later I met a young woman (Pet) that I know through Ebenezer, a youth ministry that we have become very close with. We had great conversations and really connected so much. An anticipated short chat lasted about 3 hours!

Today (Monday) I met with the chaplain at Kamiti Prison, one of the largest maximum security prisons in Kenya. We had a good visit and finalized the arrangements for our team's visit there next week. I did a bit of shopping for ministry supplies so we don't have to do it when the team arrives.

I met a chaplain from Malindi Prison who recently moved to Nairobi to attend a Bible college. His prison has a really strong CR program and it is continuing in his absence. Stanley and I had a good visit and he send his greetings to all of you that have been here before. All of the students where he is attending is going through the Purpose Driven Life book together, they are on day 26. He wants to start a CR group there so I brought him some materials.

In the afternoon we made a last minute decision to visit Athi River Prison just outside of Nairobi. It was my first visit there and my driver told me this morning that he was close friends with the deputy warden so we decided to go see him. We were very well received and he introduced me to several of the officers there. To my surprise there were 2 men there that I know, who attended a training that we did in August 2007. We talked for quite a while. I was surprised to know that they had actually started CR. (I wonder how many other places here in Kenya have started it that I don't know about.) They were very encouraged by our visit today and very glad that we have materials available here now so they can continue to expand the program.

As I said at the beginning, God's presence is evident wherever I look.

Please pray for safe travels tomorrow as I fly to Kitale in the morning. Pray for great reunions with friends and of course my beautiful kids.

2 comments:

  1. Do the words - WOW or GO GOD! mean anything to you? When God takes over, the gate is truly opened wide! I sounds like you really had an amazing day. Plans made, doors/gates opened, and didn't have to throw out the plan! It was just what God had planned for you and your visits and you both are in synch with His mission! Enjoy your rest tonight and as you prepare to travel to Kitale, know that we are praying for safe and timely travel, that you will be welcomed excitedly by your kids and that God will, again, be in charge of the day! God bless you in all you do this day,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what John says. He always knows the right things to say! Have a good visit in Kitale and give those kids our greetings and let them all know we pray for them all the time. Hi to all our friends there, too. It's tough being here and not there. We'll keep praying; you keep walking and talking. It is all so amazing. Wow, indeed!

    ReplyDelete