Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A day with my kids

This morning Margaret and I took my four kids to town and bought them new shoes and a few basic necessities. They needed black shoes to go with their school uniforms and casual shoes to wear when not in school along with some school supplies and toiletries. They are all doing well in school and enjoying it very much.

They live in a home with 16 other orphan children and house parents Joel and Margaret. We took their new mattresses and other things tehre and I got to see their beds and lockers and spend soem time with their house mom. After lunch we drove to outside of Kitale town to Endebes and visited a school. We had a great time on the drive, they rode in the back of the pickup and laughted and sang the whole way. It was a very good day!

5 comments:

  1. It seems that God is really working in the lives of those caring for your kids there in Kenya. Isn't it amazing that God would put them in your life to stretch you and grow you and increase your territory (the Prayer of Jabez). The great thing is that even though you are 1/2 a world away, you are connected thru a loving Father that continues to provide for you and for them.

    Excitement is at an all-time high for us with the anticipation of leaving in just a couple of days. I am looking forward to the opportunity to see another part of Kenya that I am becoming famniliar with thru your eyes and your connections. In the back of a pick-up? What memories that brings up!

    We will continue to lift you up for rest, preparation, connection and health as you continue your first leg of this incredible trip.

    God bless your day and all those God will put into your path today! Asante sana Bwana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear how your relationship with the kids, and those that care for them, is growing. It is such an amazing story. I just keep thinking of how God returns the years the locusts have eaten; for those kids and for you. And yet, you don't sit back and relax. Always stretching and taking the next steps He has prepared for you. It's inspiring and encouraging to see what God does when someone is willing, confident, and has their focus on Him. Keep doing what your doing. I'll keep praying for you; for rest, for health, for focus, and mostly for being filled and for filling those kids with love. I can't wait to hear some stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I made it on the blog. WOW is sounds like you and your God children are having fun and being blessed by God all at the same time. I have met your God children and I can not wait to hear more about their personalities when you get back. All of them are different I am sure.

    I am been praying for you, your God children and the American children of God (your team) about to arrive. I know God will be leading and you all will be trusting. Give the American muppets a hug for me.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you had a great time with my siblings. I cant wait to see pictures and see how they have grown!!! I miss you and am praying for you every day. Love you!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is me jealous! I am so happy for you.
    God is good.

    ReplyDelete