Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 1 of CR seminar - seeing God at work, again

It is Monday night in Gitarama Rwanda. Today was the first day of a 2 day follow up seminar for people that have previously attended Celebrate Recovery trainings. There was a good turnout with over 70 people attending. We had no agenda for the seminar and just came to help them, wherever they are in starting the ministry.

They spent the morning telling us what they have done with CR so far, what is working well and the challenges they face. I was blown away by the reports from twelve churches that are in various stages of starting CR. Some started and had so many questions that they were waiting for us to help them move forward, others have continued along and have a few simple questions. Three groups are at the 4th step and that we are here to help them through that process. I think some people were getting discouraged but most are pretty much on track and just need some minor adjustments. It was encouraging for them to know they didn’t have far to go to have a healthy CR ministry.

There were many questions from senior pastors so after hearing their reports, I focused the training on the senior pastor’s role. They had lots of really great questions. The Holy Spirit did the teaching today, He just happened to use my mouth. Praise God, it was just what they needed to hear in a way they could hear it. Thank you Lord.

They asked if we would demonstrate a Large Group meeting and Open Share groups for them so after lunch Pastor Jean Baptiste taught the first lesson on Denial and then broke into Open Share groups.

A lot of good questions and issues came up from that experience so tomorrow we will focus on the Small Group Guidelines and other questions that will arise. Overall I am very encouraged and excited to see how CR is progressing here in Rwanda.

Please pray for open hearts and minds tomorrow of the people attending and for me to be the “Muppet” for God and let Him continue to speak through me. Pray for safe travels as we drive about 3 hours to Western Rwanda tomorrow after the seminar. Pray for John and Dave as they are in Kigali until John gets back fully on his feet.

1 comment:

  1. God is so good!
    This morning I was praying 2 Cor.2:4 for you...My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

    Reading your blog always builds my faith. Today you gave me a huge lift. I am praying for you, for support and encouragement, and here you are lifting my spirits and encouraging me. God works in mighty ways, in Rwanda, and at home.

    Be safe and secure, knowing who the Muppet Master is.

    My prayers are with John and Dave in Kigali, too. I know God will use them where they are; in ways we never could have imagined. Linda, I'm praying for you and your family, too. I know you want to be by John's side. He is in good Hands, and with great people.

    I will continue to pray for all of you, waiting expectantly to hear all the incredible stories.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete