Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hmmmm, how do I summarize the last few days? I think time sped up while I was in Kitale because it went by so fast.

I visited prisons and churches and heard so many testimonies of men and women whose lives are changing through CR. I heard from men who found freedom in prison, a women who is HIV+ that now has hope, a man who realized the impact his anger was having on his family, an alcohol and drug addict turned marathon runner who is now one of the fastest in the nation, I could go on and on. God is good.

I had a great time with my 4 God children. I took them to visit their mother in prison and had an awesome reunion. She is the CR leader in the Eldoret Women’s prison and the ministry continues to grow. She is scheduled to be released in 2016.

I attended a small group meeting where we shared a good meal and had a nice time of fellowship. I visited the family of a young woman that passed away of breast cancer leaving 3 small children. I got to experience life with my Kenyan friends and their family that I stayed with. It was a very special time.

I am back in Nairobi now and looking forward to what God has in store these last 3 days in Kenya before I return home.

Please pray that I am open to what God wants me to do and experience during these last days. That I am His “Muppet” as I meet with various churches and prison leaders. That I have His words as I speak at church tomorrow. For His wisdom as I begin thinking about and tentatively plan for the next trip.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful God called you to go to Africa, Jana! He is definitely using you and I know you are a huge encouragement and blessing! Know I continue to pray for you and await your return home! YOU are an inspiration to all those of us who are just beginning to venture outside the US to share CR! May God richly bless you these last few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look wonderful. What a blessing to get to see their mother and for their mother to see them. You are such an inspiration and blessing to so many! God is good and is using you in unimaginable ways. I am so grateful for you in so many ways. Keep listening, following, and being a Muppet.

    Safe travels. I look forward to your return, while wishing you could enjoy your Kenyan family a little longer.

    You are making a difference, one story, one relationship at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Its great to read your blog! really inspiring I must say. I would love to connect with you

    ReplyDelete