Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The last couple of days in Rwanda was very nice and gave me a chance to begin reflecting on the mission and processing the experiences there. The beginning of the trip was very exciting (not in a good way) with John getting sick less than 24 hours after arriving in Rwanda then he and Dave going home without ever leaving the capital. I’m sad that they didn’t get to see the beautiful countryside and meet the amazing people that attended both CR seminars. I know God has a better plan and had a really good reason for that. That’s another one for my list for when I get to heaven :-).

Besides that, the seminars went so well. The people are excited to move forward with CR and start this ministry. The newly translated materials will not be ready soon enough (another 3 weeks) for them. It was great to see their excitement. I truly believe that God has great things in store for the people of Rwanda through this life changing ministry of Celebrate Recovery. What a blessing to get a front row seat to watch it unfold.

Being without a team in Rwanda was a new experience for me although I had 2 Rwandan brothers with me so I was not alone. It was a time of learning more and more about the culture and the people, things I might have missed otherwise. It was a very blessed time. I journaled so much to capture as much as I could, if I keep up at this rate I’m going to have to buy another journal for the rest of the trip!

I flew back to Nairobi this afternoon. The short 1 hour 10 minute flight over Lake Victoria was nice. It was great to see my Kenyan brother, David, meet me at the airport. I’m settled in at my home away from home at Methodist Guest House.

Please pray for me as I make the mental transition from Rwanda to Kenya. Pray for time of connection with others, encouraging their CR ministries and enjoying a slower pace for a few days. Pray that I am open to those unplanned God appointments along the way.

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to hear about all that God is doing through the seminars and Celebrate Recovery in Rwanda. It is definitely a blessing to be in the front row and see it unfold, and to even hear about it from here. I will continue to pray for the pastors and leaders there.

    Give my greetings to David. My prayers are that all is well with him. I do miss seeing my friend and brother.

    From Isaiah 42: I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them and make the rough places smooth. These are things I will do; I will not forsake them.

    From Hebrews 13: Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

    Know that you are loved, supported, and prayed for. And you are never alone.

    Keep fighting the good fight. You are doing great work.

    ReplyDelete