Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 2 in Kitale

On the 1 hour flight from Nairobi to Kitale I could see how bad the drought is here. There was very little green anywhere.

It has been a time of renewing friendships. I had lunch in Kitale town with Margaret and Moses at Twigs (some of you know the place). We visited the new campus of Purpose Driven Academy where they are building a high school. It is a very nice location just outside of town surrounded by corn fields. It’s very peaceful and a great environment for learning. The construction is coming along nicely and will be opening in a couple of months.

I had a wonderful reunion with my 4 God children. They are very healthy and getting so big. It’s hard to find the words to describe the joy of spending time together. I spent time with their new “house parents” that will be raising them along with their own 4 children. They are all settling in their new home very well.

I had great meetings with the prison chaplains from Kitale and Kakamega and heard about how CR is changing lives in prisons around Kenya and people that are doing so well after being released from prison. I have yet to hear of someone that has gone through CR in prison, go back to prison. That is so amazing because up to 90% of people released from prison normally go back in a short period of time.

Had a nice visit at Oasis of Hope, an awesome center that helps street kids transition back to schools. I spent some time with a group of college students from Saddleback that are staying here for 7 months doing various ministries. I’m staying in the home of my friends Margaret and Moses and enjoying the time with their family.

Please pray for the next couple of days when I will be visiting churches and prisons that have CR or are in the process of starting it. Pray that I will be able to hear where they are and guide them as they progress with their CR ministries.

2 comments:

  1. The Lord will guide you in all that you do for his Glory. I love that post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace has said it all. The Lord will guide you. Trust in Him and He will guide your steps and give you the words to say.

    Enjoy your time with your God children and your very dear friends there. And take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete